Sunday, October 15, 2006


My Haul

Today was my birthday and this is my haul: Debbie Bliss Casmerino to finish a scarf, green and white Mercerised Cotton to make Drew a Green Lantern cap, and PLYMOUTH YARN INTERCHANGABLE NEEDLES!!! The needles are from size 5 to 10 with 4 cord lengths: 18", 24", 32", and 40". They are bamboo and the base screws into the cord. I am so very excited to have this set. I rationalized it to Drew by pointing out how much I'd have to spend on each circular needle to have all the various sizes and lengths and he agreed with me. I also got the new Killers CD and some stuff for school, mainly some charts to help me out with French.
My Rowan Calmer came in this week from merry ol' England, so I began my Shedir cap. It is such an involved hat, oh my gosh! But it will all be worth it. I will post pics of it as it progresses because it doesn't look like much right now. I was able to recruit (or bamboozle, depends on how you look at it) 8 people total including myself. Some of the women have said they will make 2 hats, which I think is very generous.
Well, I should get back to work on my hat, so happy knitting to all!

4 comments:

Jillio said...

i saw those bamboo needles when i went to visit sue once at isle knits. very tempting! you'll have to write up a review as you start using them more. ;)

kbrow said...

Everyone's getting into the interchangeable game, now! Good for business, I say. I LOVE my Denise needles, though smaller sizes would be welcomed in the kit. Good idea to use the Calmer as chemo cap, I've got some around, too.

Cris said...

i've been wondering about interchangeable needles. let me know how you like them. i may need to put some on the christmas and/or birthday list.

Opal said...

What a great birthday haul! My birthday is in October as well. It was great meeting you tonight, btw! Happy Belated Belated Birthday. :-)